Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the Lightened Load.  After having my before and after pictures posted on Bob Harper (from the Biggest Loser) Facebook Wall, I've had a ton of requests on what I did, how I did it and how I stay motivated.  I decided to put the information on one page and that way I can help many more people.

I'm a 42 yr old mother and grandmother.  In January of this year I decided that enough was enough and sought out the help I needed.  I went to a weight doctor who immediately put me on a protein only diet for 2 weeks and gave me medication to help me out ~ just for the record I haven’t taken any of meds since May.  I thought they were crazy that day, and after about 10 days eating only protein I thought I was going crazy :)~.  I made it through though and during those first 2 weeks I kicked all the Carb & Sugar addictions.  I believe that without those first 2 weeks I wouldn’t have been so successful.

I also want to mention that I am NOT done, I am still on this journey with you all.

I will post new entries everyday or multiple times a day so check back with me daily!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to keeping up with you. I have followed you on facebook, now I can follow your blog. Maybe you are the inspiration I need to shed the extra 50 pounds I am carrying. Congrats to you Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete